Did you mean: 

Dll loaded via netload does not unload even after AutoCAD is restarted

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mdshameer
1634 Views, 4 Replies

Dll loaded via netload does not unload even after AutoCAD is restarted

I loaded a dll via NETLOAD to AutoCAD2015. After editing Code and netload again, AutoCAD executes the old routine (before edit). Problem persists even if I restart AutoCAD or even after rebooting computer. Why does this happen?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcicognani
in reply to: mdshameer

Somehow the older dll is autoloaded before your manual NETLOAD, this way the netload is simply ignored and you are still using the old dll.

The autoloader has only two way to do this:

- you have a .bundle folder still in place in the use %AppData%\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins folder;

- the dll is market for loading through the registry;

Maybe your dll is built for autoconfigure itself for autoloading?

Message 3 of 5
mdshameer
in reply to: mcicognani

mcicognani, Thanks, I had the .bundle folder still in place

Message 4 of 5
rBanuelos
in reply to: mcicognani

Can you explain the second process.?

Message 5 of 5
mcicognani
in reply to: rBanuelos

Sorry for the delay.

The second technique is referred to the standard loading method used before 2012, when was first introduced the autoloader with the .bundle structure.

Basically, under the registry hive HKCU\Software\Autodesk\R21.0\ACAD-B001:410\Applications (change version numbers as needed) you may append a subfolder of your choice containing the keys DESCRIPTION, LOADCTRLS, LOADER and MANAGED that will allow to load your .dll from an arbitray position.

I still use this techique with a set of old applications that I haven't still ported to the .bundle method.

You can find detailed info inside ObjectARX documentation or in this (very old) post on Kean's blog: http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2006/09/automatic_loadi.html

If you search 'LOADCTRLS' inside Kean's blog you'll find a few more recent articles about autoloading.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost