Did you mean: 

Detect Education Watermark

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Dale.Bartlett
1204 Views, 9 Replies

Detect Education Watermark

Firstly, this is a fully licenced corporate environment. Someone, somehow, has managed to infect some files with education material, however I have no way of knowing how many or which ones.

Now that the 2015 products allow for cleaning of infected files, I have a need to batch-find the affected drawings. The project is 2014 version specific, so I cannot just use AutoCAD 2015 to default save. Does anyone know what flag in the database sets the Educational Plot stamp on/off?   

Thanks again,

Dale

All,

To clarify, my interest is in detecting the Education Stamp, not necessarily using the API to remove it.

Regards, Dale

in reply to: Dale.Bartlett

Thanks for clarification , here is a knowledge article that may help you,

How to detect AutoCAD drawings that contain an educational plot stamp

Message 4 of 10
Dale.Bartlett
in reply to: moogalm

Thanks for the reply, and I had looked at that option. However, I really need to use the API so that I can log the results and notify users. DWGConvert is a helpful utility, but it is an additional separate process. Regards, Dale

Hi ,

Sorry ,we don't have any API publicly exposed to deal with education plot stamps.

Message 6 of 10
moogalm

Hi ,

I dredged further and found this API Database.IsEmr Property is only a read only , so detection is possible.
Returns true if this drawing database was created by a version of AutoCAD meant for an educational institution instead of a standard AutoCAD version.

Hope this what your are looking for, and  note this API is only available in 2014 ObjectARX, it not longer supported in 2015.

Message 7 of 10
Dale.Bartlett

Hi, This is exactly what I was looking for, and 2014 is perfect for now. Still, there must be a way to detect the Education Stamp in 2015 given that DWGConvert can do so. If you happen to find any additional information for 2015, please keep this post in mind. Thanks for your efforts. Regards, Dale

Hi,
my question is - Is there a way how to detect EDU drawings while using AC 2015+ ? Has a company a possibility to protect from these drawings nowadays?

And is someone borders about it when nobody can tell who is the first owner of EDU drawing?

Tags (2)
Message 9 of 10

@jakubkares wrote:

Hi,
my question is - Is there a way how to detect EDU drawings while using AC 2015+ ? Has a company a possibility to protect from these drawings nowadays?

And is someone borders about it when nobody can tell who is the first owner of EDU drawing?

There is no way to detect EDU mark with AutoCAD API 2015+. But it is enough to open/save dwg-file in AutoCAD 2015+ and EDU mark will be removed from dwg-file. IMHO you can use AcCoreConsole.exe 2015+ for batch removing EDU-mark.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 10 of 10

@Alexander.Rivilis wrote:

IMHO you can use AcCoreConsole.exe 2015+ for batch removing EDU-mark.

TrueView should also do the trick using the DWGConvert tool, if a method without programming is desired.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost