cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Wilfredo Roman
238 Views, 4 Replies

Deployment

I am trying to run a simple VB.NET 2005 application (DLL). I use netload from ACAD 2005 on my development PC and it runs as expected. I type "tag" on the Command Line and I get the response. When I load the application (DLL) from a different PC using the netload command it loads without an error but when I type the command on the Command Line it returns an Unknown command.
The code is below:

Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices
Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Editor
Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime

Public Class Class1
_
Public Sub Tag()
Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.CommandLinePrompts.Message("Success!!!")

End Sub
End Class

Any ideas? I get the feeling that it is something silly but cannot put my finger on it.

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Wilfredo Roman

Are you loading the DLL from another machine on
your network ?

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006
http://www.acadxtabs.com

wrote in message news:5118520@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am trying to run a simple VB.NET 2005 application (DLL). I use netload from ACAD 2005 on my development PC and it runs as expected. I type "tag" on the Command Line and I get the response. When I load the application (DLL) from a different PC using the netload command it loads without an error but when I type the command on the Command Line it returns an Unknown command.
The code is below:

Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices
Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Editor
Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime

Public Class Class1
_
Public Sub Tag()
Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.CommandLinePrompts.Message("Success!!!")

End Sub
End Class

Any ideas? I get the feeling that it is something silly but cannot put my finger on it.

Thanks in advance.
Message 3 of 5

Yes. The DLL is on a Network Share. In both cases, my development PC and on the test PC I am using the Netload command and reaching out to this Network Share to load the DLL. In the case of the development PC, it works fine. In the case of the test PC it yields the "Unknown Command".

One other piece of information is that I have build some of the example labs from Autodesk (i.e HelloWorld) and get the same results. It runs from my development PC but not from any other PC.

Actually, one other thing I experimented with is that if I load a form on the Initialization sub of the class, this form will be generated properly on both PCs. The problem seems to only exist with the CommandMethod.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Wilfredo Roman

A managed assembly (DLL) cannot be executed across
machine boundaries, unless you set special security
permissions (one way is Control Panel-> Administrative
Toos -> .NET Framework Configuration/Wizards).

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006
http://www.acadxtabs.com

wrote in message news:5119368@discussion.autodesk.com...
Yes. The DLL is on a Network Share. In both cases, my development PC and on the test PC I am using the Netload command and reaching out to this Network Share to load the DLL. In the case of the development PC, it works fine. In the case of the test PC it yields the "Unknown Command".

One other piece of information is that I have build some of the example labs from Autodesk (i.e HelloWorld) and get the same results. It runs from my development PC but not from any other PC.

Actually, one other thing I experimented with is that if I load a form on the Initialization sub of the class, this form will be generated properly on both PCs. The problem seems to only exist with the CommandMethod.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Message 5 of 5

Tony,

You are right on point. This morning after reading your first reply it hit me, similar to developing VSTO DLLs, the security is an issue. I signed the DLL with our company StrongName file and added a Runtime Security Policy to the test PC and that did the trick.

Once again, Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost