Debugging with vs2010

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1395 Views, 8 Replies

Debugging with vs2010

Hello!

I have followed Kean's tutorial here

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2010/04/hitting-breakpoints-in-net-cl...

but am still not getting Autocad to debug.  In Autocad 2010, I get this error.

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL 
file:///C:/Users/Workstation/Documents/Visual Studio 
2010/Projects/Entity1/Entity1/bin/Debug/Entity1.dll.
ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x8013101b). Probing terminated.

This is obviously very frustrating to someone just starting out.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks! 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I made a simple VS2010 C# project and applied the solution #3 presented on the mentioned blog post....but could not reproduce the issue. I also tried some 'wrong' stuff on my project but still not reproducible...

After a quick search on the web, it seems that this could be caused by 32 bit references on a 64 bit machine, or vice-versa. So do you have any reference on your project?

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Autodesk Developer Network

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: augusto.goncalves

Hi Augusto, thanks for your reply.  I am working inside a 32bit environment at work and 64 at home.

I have downloaded the 2011 ObjectARX and am adding the AcDb* references from the 'inc' folder.  There are32 bit and 64 bit folders respectibvely but neither contain the dll's I need.  Are the dll's in the "inc" folder 64bit?

Message 4 of 9
augusto.goncalves

Hi,

The .dll at \in\ folder are for AutoCAD 2011 32 and 64, so that is not the problem. Prior AutoCAD 2010 we use to have \inc-win32\ and \inc-x64\.

Also, make sure your project is set to Any CPU (the default) and AcDbMgd and AcMgd libraries are set copy local equals false, although none of those caused problem on my end.

Are you using any other non-default library?

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: augusto.goncalves

Not using any other non standard stuff.

Does it matter if the version of 2010 I am using is unactivated (demo)?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Hey great news.  I am at the point where loading autocad with the acad.exe process bound to the debugger is freezing Autocad.  I think that's progress?

Message 7 of 9
StephenPreston

Hi Dave,

Do you mean you're using 'Attach to process' to start your debugging session. I may be out of date, but my recollection is that this will freeze AutoCAD. You should set your project debugging settings to launch AutoCAD when you F5 debug.

And are you using the AutoCAD .NET wizard downloadeable from www.autodesk.com to create your project? That will help ensure you've got your project settings right and are referencing the right API assemblies.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Stephen, can you give me the exact URL to the 2011 wizard.  I dl'd the 2012 one but I have no idea where it is or how to run it.  Can you provide some guideance?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
augusto.goncalves

Hi,

Try this one here: http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2010/08/new-version-of-the-autocad-ne...

You should be able to set the ObjectARX version of it.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost