.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized Tool Bar - Work with Factory Design Suite?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
230 Views, 0 Replies

Customized Tool Bar - Work with Factory Design Suite?

Ok currently I got a bunch of nice buttons that I created that linked blocks to be inserted into a drawing.  Some of the previous thread on that below.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/Total-n00b-trying-to-use-net-to-create-ribbon-bar-addins/td-p/2880...

Though now we are starting to use factory design suite... trying to figure out a way to well combine those blocks into the ribbon bar but having a issue with that.

For example I have a directory as such..

DKHSFactory Design Suite Cloud FilesBottle Conveyors01ChainMT01M_Geruest_0_2012-07-19_09-10-29.jpg

in the Family.xml file i need a string (<Family ID="FCAF6577-1DAB-4644-88AF-8BCE41E463A8">) which I need to make like this FDS_FCAF6577-1DAB-4644-88AF-8BCE41E463A8_Asset.  This then needs to be the block name that will be inserted into the drawing.  Now this tag changes for EVERY file and I want it to be automatic.

Now in my current code I have these items already setup.

This is the shortcut command for the code

Private Sub InitBottleButton(ByRef rb, ByVal strText, ByVal bmpImage, ByVal strToolTip)
        rb.Text = strText
        rb.Name = strText
        rb.CommandParameter = "InsertBottleConveyor "
        rb.Image = bmpImage
        rb.LargeImage = bmpImage
        rb.ToolTip = strToolTip
        rb.CommandHandler = New AdskCommandHandler()
    End Sub

Here is the button command.

Dim rb1CS500 As New RibbonButton()
        InitBottleButton(rb1CS500, "01M_Geruest_0500", getBitmap(My.Resources._01M_Geruest_050032_16), "Straight 500")

Now is there a way that I can change this to make a "new block" with the FDS_(code from file)_Asset?

Also the code setup as shown allows me to select the file click a location and rotates the block as I see fit, as well lets me choose if I want to select a point on the block for insertion point.

Any help apperciated!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost