Did you mean: 

Customize rollover tooltips - more than text

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nyme
1251 Views, 2 Replies

Customize rollover tooltips - more than text

I am trying to display advanced information about an item (witch is a block reference, witch has some XData that points to an inventory item in our database) in a tooltip (like a picture of the item, some data about its manufacturer)...  in other words, I would like to display a form (WinForm, WPF, HTML, ...  anything...) as a tooltip.  Is this possible with in .Net?

2 options seems plausible to me :

1. Somehow customize the tooltips within the PointMonitor event: but the only thing I can find here is AppendTooltipText.....  I have tried to put some HTML in there, but it is interpreted as text.....
  2. Make a fake tooltip with a floating WPF or WinForm window;  problem is that I would need to know exacly when an where AutoCAD's rollover tooltips are displayed, so I can show my form at the time....  (Seems like the first option would be so mutch better!   🙂

Is this statement correct : It is not possible with AutoCAD's .Net API to reproduce the default rollover tooltips' content (including the little color box for the layer - or any other content other than text).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
caddzone
in reply to: nyme

That's correct.

Autodesk completely dropped the ball on that one - the WPF-based

rollover tooltips are not customizable at all, and the 'drafting' tooltip

only displays text.

You can implement your own tooltip that appears in place of the

drafting tooltip, by disabling the latter, and handling the rolllover

event.

AcadXTabs for AutoCAD
Supporting AutoCAD 2000-2011

Message 3 of 3
nyme
in reply to: caddzone

Alright thanks.......

This is very disapointing.....  But as you said, I will simply create a fake one to do what I want it to do.

Tanks alot for the VERY quick response !   🙂

Good day

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost