Using ObjectARX, VBA, LISP or any..

Thanks,
Vasant PADHIYAR

Vasant PADHIYAR
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

LT has no API (and is explicitly made for no application base, that's also one of the arguments why it's price is much lower than the full version).

You may use some scripting, but no .net/c++/com-based development

Sorry, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Alfred,

Is there any third party developer tool using which I can cutomize AutoCAD-LT using ObjectARX or AutoLISP?

Thanks- Vasant

Vasant PADHIYAR
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

>> Is there any third party developer tool using which I can cutomize AutoCAD-LT using ObjectARX or AutoLISP?

As LT has no API .... you can't develop ARX or LISP applications, so also no developer can do that.

If your question is that there are applications out there that simulate LISP or ObjectARX on LT, than may be. I know one case of a LISP-interpreter that was running on top of LT (making it possible to run LISP-tools/applications on LT), in that case Autodesk was going to court with that company (that created that LISP-interpreter) as Autodesk sees that as against the license rules. My personal opinion: don't try that or at least ask a lawyer first, it's critical.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6

vasantpadhiyar71 wrote:

...Is there any third party developer tool using which I can cutomize AutoCAD-LT using ObjectARX or AutoLISP?...

From ObjectARX License:

...  You may not use the Software to develop applications for AutoCAD LT®, DWG TrueConvert™, and DWG TrueView™ software, as the aforementioned products are nonextensible applications and the use of the Software to develop applications for these products is expressly prohibited by this Agreement...

So even discuss the possibility of using such kinds of customization for AutoCAD LT seems unacceptable in this official forum.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 6 of 6

Hi All,

The conclusion is that As AutoCAD LT is light version of AutoCAD, it does not support Customization ans we should not think for customization in AutoCAD-LT.

Thanks All

Vasant

Vasant PADHIYAR

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost