Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom command with no document loaded

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pavlos.katsonis
241 Views, 3 Replies

Custom command with no document loaded

I have developed a command (running in the application context) that creates a dwg file. The command obviously is called from an open drawing, but does nothing to it. What I want to do is add a menu item (calling this command) to the menu that is displayed when no drawing is open in AutoCAD (normally that is "File, View, Window, Help"). Does anybody know how it can be done or even if it can be done at all?
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pavlos.katsonis

the only thing I have seen work is to run a script from an open drawing. the script can close the drawing and keep
running.
Its not what you asked but the closest I have seen.

pavlos.katsonis <>
|>I have developed a command (running in the application context) that creates a dwg file. The command obviously is called from an open drawing, but does nothing to it. What I want to do is add a menu item (calling this command) to the menu that is displayed when no drawing is open in AutoCAD (normally that is "File, View, Window, Help"). Does anybody know how it can be done or even if it can be done at all?
|>Thanks in advance.
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - athunsaker - com
Message 3 of 4

Don't know about menus, but custom tool palette does work. I have this working for an OEM app.
Ronnie Wilkins, Jr.
Message 4 of 4

Could you show how you manage to keep the tool palette enabled when everything else just disappears (even the native tool palettes)?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost