Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating custom line types or styles.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
363 Views, 3 Replies

creating custom line types or styles.

we do all our drawing in model space and then plot using paper space. out problem is when we create custom line styles in model space and then switch over to paper space all the custom line styles appear as regular lines even though they aren't. you then have to start changing scale and spending lots of time to make them look right in paper space.

but then, when that is done, they look huge in model space. anyway to make all this work together? is it better to create custom lines in model space or paper space and why?

Thanks for any help provided!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
fieldguy
in reply to: Anonymous

Try PSLTSCALE = 0.

This means <Help Quote> "no special scaling. Linetype dash lengths are based on the drawing units of the space (model or paper) in which the objects were created </Help Quote>

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: fieldguy

Thanks. I think that is going to help. I am using text in my linetype as well. for example the text "HW" will show up when i draw my line as shown in the attached image. is it best to create the text on a text size of 1? when it comes down to it, what is the best way to create these custom line styles? i appreciate your help!

linetype.jpg

Message 4 of 4
fieldguy
in reply to: Anonymous

You will have to search an autocad general forum for help with creating custom linestyles.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost