Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a dictionary with VB.Net

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
JasonSelf
7754 Views, 9 Replies

Creating a dictionary with VB.Net

I am having a difficult time understanding how to create and populate a new custom dictionary in with vb.net.  None of the examples I could find (that I think would work) were written in vb and weren't very well documented.  So I guess what I would like is a push in the right direction.  Maybe some sample vb.net code or direction to something I could read to get me headed in the right direction.

I am increasingly aware of how big of a noob I am to the language and the API and would appreciate any help.

Thank  you,

Jason

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jeffrey_H
in reply to: JasonSelf

Have you looked at the AutoCAD managed training in the word file. It is okay if that does not clear it up reply back.

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
Message 3 of 10
dgorsman

You may want to clarify what you mean by "dictionary".  Is this a spelling dictionary, a generic indexed collection of objects, an ExtensionDictionary for holding XRecords, or...?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 10
JasonSelf
in reply to: dgorsman

Jeffrey H: I am guessing that you are talking about arxmgd.chm, if that is the case then yes I have looked at it, and no I'm not having much luck finding what I am looking for in it.

dgorsman: More specifically I am trying to create an xrecord dictionary.

I am currently researching the keyword xrecord hoping that comes up with a result, the developer guide is less than forthcoming.

Thanks,
Jason

Message 5 of 10
Jeffrey_H

On this page http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1911627

Look under 

AutoCAD .NET Labs

Download AutoCAD 2010 .Net Training.zip (zip - 706Kb) 

And in the file is a C# and VB Microsoft Word ".doc"

Starting with Lab 4

Message 6 of 10
chiefbraincloud

This is a link to one of several Code Conversion Tools.  I have used this one many times with (mostly) good results.

http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

And This is a Download link for PasteAsVB, which is a Visual Studio Add-in that allows you to copy C# code to the clipboard, and paste it into a code file as VB.  (It uses a web based converter to do it)

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/7/f279e71e-efb0-4155-873d-5554a0608523/PasteAs.exe

If I get a few minutes, I'll try and edit one of my ExtensionDictionary routines down to it's simplest form.

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png
Message 7 of 10
JasonSelf
in reply to: chiefbraincloud

Thanks a million.  I spend some quality time looking into those materials.  I have heard about the 'Labs' for some time and have not been able to find them.

Thanks,

Jason

Message 8 of 10
Jeffrey_H

No problem

That file is easy to miss unless you are looking for it

Also try using  the arxdoc.chm

It includes the  information in arxmgd.chm but has alot extra info in it.   

Message 9 of 10
Zahra.nazhat

can u help me to make a dictionary by vb.net or visual stadio

?

Message 10 of 10
Zahra.nazhat
in reply to: Jeffrey_H

i am new student of vb.net and i am from afghanistan

i have a project to make a dictionary but i didnt study the code of that can gime or send me them...

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost