Did you mean: 

CreateLoftedSolid in AutoCAD .NET 2015

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mhillis
498 Views, 1 Reply

CreateLoftedSolid in AutoCAD .NET 2015

Afternoon everyone!

I'm posting today wondering if the Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Solid3d.CreateLoftedSolid() routine has been changed in any notable significant degree?

I help develop and maintain an external software for AutoCAD which allows you to preview and draw Ductwork within AutoCAD.  Up until 2015, we generate some of our previews using the CreateLoftedSolid() routine and it hasn't given any issue and continues to work just fine in AutoCAD versions 2014 and earlier.

However, starting in 2015 there appears to be a great deal of issue with this routine.  In particular when it comes to handling direction vectors that aren't exactly 1, -1, or 0.   Whenever a direction happens to be (0.00000000000065, 0, 1) or anything with decimal places this just seems to cause incredible deals of issue. 

So does anyone know if this routine has been changed in any significant way?  Or with 2015 am I suppose to be using a new routine?

I apologize for any ambiguity with my post.  I'll clarify anything needed.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hgasty1001
in reply to: mhillis

Hi,

I have no idea if there are some change in the internals of this method (I guess no), but it seems you have a tolerance problem, try adjusting the tolerance object (I think you have to adjust the tolerance.Global in this case as the method does not accept a tolerance object). Other idea is adjust the loftoptions instead of using the default.

If you have dwg and some instructions on how to reproduce your problem (what is it the problem exactly?), i can give it a try.

Gaston Nunez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost