Create Plugin for AutoCAD 2012

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
703 Views, 2 Replies

Create Plugin for AutoCAD 2012

Hi

I need to create one Plugin for AutoCAD 2012. I created one plugin for AutoCAD 2007 using .NET 2.0 . I would like to know which is the correct .NET framework I should use for creating a plugin for AutoCAD 2012. For Ex. [.NET 2.0, .NET 3.5, .NET 4.0, .NET 4.5 etc] ?

If possible can I get a link to any autodesk official page detailing about the .NET frameworks ?

Regards

Dominic

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
norman.yuan
in reply to: Anonymous

Technically, you can use any of the versons of .NET you listed (2.0 to 4.5).

However, if you use 4.x, make sure in acad.exe.config you have

<supportedRuntime version="v4.x"/>

in the <startup /> section.

With that said, using .NET4.5 with Acad2012 (or even Acad2013) is not recommended/not supported: after all, .NET 4.5 is released after Acad2013's release.

Autodesk's claim that AutoCAD would use latest version of .NET ends after AutoCAD 2009/.NET3.x. Since Acad2012's .NET API is built on .NET3.x (2.0 runtime, 3.x is just additional functionalities that run on top of 2.0), if you do not specify <supportedRuntime version=4.0 />, Acad2012 uses .NET2.0/3.x.

Acad2012 installation has <supportedRuntime version=4.0 /> set as default. So, basically you would target your Acad plugin development at .NET4.0. If you choose to target .NET3.x for some reasons, make sure <supportedRuntime version=4.0 /> is removed from acad.exe.config. You can use either VS2010 or VS2012.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: norman.yuan

Hi

Thank you for your valuable reply.

Regards

Dominic

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost