create 3d polyline

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
matejt
3360 Views, 4 Replies

create 3d polyline

Hi all,

This should be quite simple for many of you, I believe.

I need to create 3dpolyline interactively by clicking points on the screen. It seems to me that the SendCommand can't be used in my case since I can't make program hold until the user enters the object and also, it doesn't return a reference to the object created. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The problem I have is that GetPoint returns Object (instead of Point3D) which can not be added to pointCollection. Could you give me some suggestions?

The logic should go like this:

Dim myPoints As New AcadNetGeometry.Point3dCollection

Dim pt3D As AcadNetGeometry.Point3d
        Do While True
            Try
                pt3D = g_oCivil3DDoc.Utility.GetPoint(, "Pick a point:")
                myPoints.Add(pt3D)
            Catch ex As Exception
                Exit Do
            End Try
        Loop
        Dim myPLine3D As New AcadNetDbServices.Polyline3d(AcadNetDbServices.Poly3dType.SimplePoly, myPoints, True)

Thanx,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bertyboy
in reply to: matejt

Hi,

You better not use Utilily.Getpoint.

Try This:

Dim ThisEditor As Autodesk.AutoCAD.EditorInput.Editor = Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor
                        Dim PrpRes As Autodesk.AutoCAD.EditorInput.PromptPointResult = ThisEditor.GetPoint(ControlChars.Lf & "Select a point: ")
                        If PrpRes.Status = Autodesk.AutoCAD.EditorInput.PromptStatus.OK Then
                            Dim MyPoint As Point3d = PrpRes.Value
                        End If

You can refer to Autodesk .NET documentation.

Good Luck!

Bert

Message 3 of 5
norman.yuan

Obviously, you are using COM API's GetPoint() method, which returns an object - an array of Double type with 3 elements. It is not Autodesk.AutoCAD.Geometry.Point3dCollection. Thus, your code does not work.

First of all, why use COM API's AcadUtility.GetPoint() method at all while you are doing managed API project? You should use:

Editor.GetPoint() in conjunction with PromptPointOptions/PromptPointResult object to get user-picked point as Point3d value.

If you HAVE TO use AcadUtility.GetPoint() for some very odd reason in a managed API project (what it could be, I wonder), then you should create a Point3d struct from the returned 3-element array:

Do While Trye

Try

Dim pt As object=g_oCivil3DDoc.Utility.GetPoint(,"Pick point:")

Point3d p=New Point3d(pt(0),pt(1),pt(2))

myPoints.Add(p)

Catch

Exit Do

End Try

Loop

Message 4 of 5
matejt
in reply to: norman.yuan

Thanx for the replies!

Obviously, I need to fully understand basic conceps first.

Could you refer me to some good resources i.e. ebooks, tutorials, etc. as to vb.NET for AutoCAD. In fact, I was able to download pretty useful AutoCAD Civil 3D Developer's Guide, however, I haven't found any good reference of pure AutoCAD .NET (except the on-line AutoCAD .NET Developer's Guide which I don't find very well structured and explanatory).

What would you recommend?

Thanx,

Message 5 of 5
Irvin

Hi there,

There are sever resources.

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20.NET%20Developer's%20Guide/index.html a guide by autodesk.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1911627 look at the autocad 2010 .net training it's in c# en VB.net

and a great book. By Jerry Winters called VB.NET for AutoCAD 2010 it's a level 1 book and heard he is writing a level 2 book right now.

The book can be orderd on his website. www.vbcad.com 

Kind regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost