Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't find DimStyleTable record in interop

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
prakasht66
404 Views, 3 Replies

Couldn't find DimStyleTable record in interop

Can someone help me to find DimStyleTablerecord in interop services.I can see DimStyle class.But i dont how to set dimension Style variables with this..Should i add any reference to my project or i miss something..

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
norman.yuan
in reply to: prakasht66

DimStyleTableRecord is a class from managed API (ObjectARX .NET API), not presenting in COM API (see my reply to your previous question).

If you want to manipulate DimStyle, Dimension..., you may want to make up you mind first for which API you want to use. Although .NET API provides seemless access to COM API (but not vice versa), mixing both unnecessarily is not a good practise.

Just in case you are doing EXE application: you cannot use .NET API (e.g. cannot set reference in your EXE project to acadmgd.dll/acmgd.dll/accore.dll).

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
prakasht66
in reply to: norman.yuan

Thanks Norman for the response ,Actually im completely new to this autocad and C#.But i understand your suggestion.I would like to give my exact problem .I need to create a dimension style with someproperties like dot arrowhead for the dimension lines & setting color to dimension line etc.Then i need to collect all existing dimension styles from the drawing which i opened.After that i need to apply these new properties to the document .Thing is i want to access the dimStlyleTableRecord.Then i can set all my variables.Thanks again for your suggestion..

Message 4 of 4
norman.yuan
in reply to: prakasht66

Based on the subject of your post and your other post, you'd better indicate clearly whcih API you are using.

If you are using COM API, you DO NOT need to (and cannot) get DimStyleTable/DimStyleTableRecord.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost