.NET

Active Contributor
murali.pandey
Message 1 of 2 (468 Views)

copy and paste entities from one dwg to other dwg (+ cordinate system)

468 Views, 1 Replies
04-26-2012 12:00 AM

a)How I can copy some drawing objects from source dwg to target dwg in the same dwg session by using c#.Also I have to take care of Coordinate system of target dwg.Is it possible that copied dwg objects automatically conveted to the target coordinate system?

b)  How I can extract the coordinates system information of a AutoCAD map drawing and set the coordinate system of other dwg according to extracted information by using c# .Net.

Thanks

Murali

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (464 Views)

Re: copy and paste entities from one dwg to other dwg (+ cordinate system)

04-26-2012 12:11 AM in reply to: murali.pandey

Hi,

>> to the target coordinate system

If that "coordinate system" is just a UCS then:

• there are a lot of possibilities to copy objects from one drawing to another, I preferre (in most cases) the WBlockCloneObjects (>>>details<<<).
  • If you have to verify that this copy-process has to follow some UCS settings you will have to use the TransFormBy (>>>details<<<) functionality as the WBlockCloneObjects copies using WCS-coords.

>> the coordinates system information of a AutoCAD map

Ok, in case of reprojection between different geographical coordinate-systems you can't do that with TransFormBy, you have to use the ADEQUERY functionality. For that you find samples in the Map3D-ObjectARX-kit.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.