.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy and paste entities from one dwg to other dwg (+ cordinate system)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
murali.pandey
1385 Views, 1 Reply

copy and paste entities from one dwg to other dwg (+ cordinate system)

a)How I can copy some drawing objects from source dwg to target dwg in the same dwg session by using c#.Also I have to take care of Coordinate system of target dwg.Is it possible that copied dwg objects automatically conveted to the target coordinate system?

b)  How I can extract the coordinates system information of a AutoCAD map drawing and set the coordinate system of other dwg according to extracted information by using c# .Net.

Thanks

Murali

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

>> to the target coordinate system

If that "coordinate system" is just a UCS then:

• there are a lot of possibilities to copy objects from one drawing to another, I preferre (in most cases) the WBlockCloneObjects (>>>details<<<).
  • If you have to verify that this copy-process has to follow some UCS settings you will have to use the TransFormBy (>>>details<<<) functionality as the WBlockCloneObjects copies using WCS-coords.

>> the coordinates system information of a AutoCAD map

Ok, in case of reprojection between different geographical coordinate-systems you can't do that with TransFormBy, you have to use the ADEQUERY functionality. For that you find samples in the Map3D-ObjectARX-kit.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost