Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuity between the lines

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ccalvo12
378 Views, 3 Replies

Continuity between the lines

Dear, I hope you can help me on this issue that I am.

Arbol.JPG

As you can see from the picture, I'm looking for ways to save a list of lines (identified with a unique personal code) match (which is equal to) its end (end) with the front end of another line. This way I know that there is continuity, starting from a line selected (code).

Example: In the attached picture you can see that we start to evaluate from the line, it is determined that the value of your order is equal to the starting value of b and c lines (crossing all until he b and c), then evaluate lines b and c with the other resulting in the dye for line by line, and g for the line c. And so on

Now I have several day thinking as estructuralo, perhaps you can give me an idea of ​​how I could start.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hgasty1001
in reply to: ccalvo12

Hi,

What you have there it's a graph, probably a tree, there is a lot of literature on that topic, just google Graph or .NET Graph and you will see a huge list of results.

The first thing is to have the correct tool for the task:

1. Do you have AutoCAD Map 3D?

Map has support for topologies, and the Map API support creation and analysis of topologies

2. If you don't have Map, then I suggest you to grab some free (or maybe paid) graph library like QuickGraph

3.- Alternative is to create your own graph class, with methods to obtain the degree of a vertex, traverse the graph, and a huge etc.

Now, please let us know what kind of task or work flow are you aimed for.

Gaston Nunez

Message 3 of 4
ccalvo12
in reply to: hgasty1001

This work is to be applied to networks GAS lines. Selecting a line, we must emphasize that lines are connected with it and have the same direction (definidad by its start and end address lines). I am in search of an algorithm or libraries that help search among all lines, starting from a selected.

Thanks for your reply.

greetings

Message 4 of 4
hgasty1001
in reply to: ccalvo12

Hi,

First I assume you have a good knowledge of AutoCAD .NET API, and .NET programming in general.

Do you have AutoCAD Map 3D? If so, then create a network topology, Map has some tools to create and analysis of networks. If not, then try programming a recursive function to find all the connected lines, I would go with a little crossing box filtered selection over the ends of the lines, and some structure to store the handles of each line found, not sure the structure, maybe a dictionary and a try catch to avoid duplicates. Then when the search end you will have all the lines connected, now you will need to create a graph in order to find upstream and downstream connected components with a depth first search.

Gaston Nunez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost