Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common Type Library Hell!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vedamurthy.gurumurthy
666 Views, 4 Replies

Common Type Library Hell!!

I am building an application in C#.Net using managed library.
For certain reasons I am accessing below COM library in my project.
"AutoCAD/ObjectDBX common 17.0 Type Library" [AxDbLib].
For some reason every second day I am ending up with broken reference to this library and every time I need to reinstall to resolve this issue. Please see attached images.
Compiler gives s below message.
“You must add reference to an assembly ‘Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common, Version = 17.1.51.0, Culature = neutral, “

How can I solve this issue without reinstalling AutoCAD 2008?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Try referencing "AutoCAD 2008 Type Library" as well... it is also found in the COM section.
Message 3 of 5

I have added "AutoCAD 2008 Type Library". I do not have any problem in using this interop libray.
But still I am having same problem with "AutoCAD/ObjectDBX common 17.0 Type Library" [AxDbLib].

Hence I cannot use any objects (AcadDocument , AcadBlock etc) declared in "Common" namespace.
Message 4 of 5

Hmmm... I've had a very similar problem before but never actually had this exact problem (I've only customized 2007, 2009 and I'm working on 2010) so I'm just throwing out any possibilities I can think of...

All I can really think of is to make sure the big 4 DLLs are referenced (those two, acmgd.dll and acdbmgd.dll) and that you have the Imports statement for Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop and Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common. You've probably done all of that though...

What version of .NET are you using for your customization? I've been using 3.5 since 2009 and I think I got something similar when I attempted to change my project to 3.0... the only thing I've really found that needed the Interop was the AcadPreferences interface. Why not just use Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Document and Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.BlockTableRecord for AcadDocument and AcadBlock respectively?
Message 5 of 5

I have added all the references you had shown.
I had developed a AutoCAD 2006 to database interface. When using AutoCAD 2006 I had never faced this problem.
Now in AutoCAD 2008, I am facing this problem.

Hence I have converted most of the program into managed code.

But to handle dbConnect Autodesk does not provide any managed procedures. Hence still I need to depend on "CAO common type" library which needs few objects available in "Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common" name space.

Now I am using .NET 3. I guess this got nothing to do with this problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost