'Commandpreview' on commandline

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
R.Gerritsen4967
834 Views, 4 Replies

'Commandpreview' on commandline

Hi all,

I've created a few commands for AutoCAD using vb.net.

I've noticed the standard AutoCAD commands have a preview, with a short explanation of the command.

(I'm calling it 'commandpreview', but I really don't know if this is allright. I've attached a screenshot with an example.)

Because some command are not used frequently I wanted to create a 'commandpreview' for each of my commands to make it easier to choose the right command.

How can I achieve this? Is it even possible using vb.net? I really don't know where to start.

The standard commands also have icons, is it possible to use my own icons? I've tried to pick an icon in Visual Studio, but this option is greyed out for class-modules.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Anyone??

Message 3 of 5

Hello,

The preview that is shown in the command line is the same as the one that gets displayed when hovering over the ribbon item for the command. I have attached a screenshot of the details shown for PLine to clarify this and all that info including the image comes from the extended help file.

Here is some info on creating the extended help and associating it with a command  :

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a91938...

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 4 of 5

Hi Balaji_Ram,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!! I got it working!!!

Is there a way to automate this for other computers? Or do I have to edit de cui manually on every computer?

I can't seem to find how to export the settings for the commands I added to the cui.

Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Yes, it can be automated using the CUI API.

I have attached a sample code.

To try it, here are the steps :

0) Unzip the extended help files (xaml.zip) to C:\Temp

1) Build the dll using the file in Class1.zip

2) Start AutoCAD 2013. (For other versions change "accore.dll" in the code to "acad.exe")

3) Run the "PrepareRibbonTab" command

4) Run the "MyTestCommand" from the AutoCAD command line or the "MyTab" ribbon tab.

The extended help should appear after a delay.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost