Did you mean: 

Command Line Suggestions Does Not Allow Me to Run Program

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
mgorecki
609 Views, 14 Replies

Command Line Suggestions Does Not Allow Me to Run Program

I have a number of programs written in VB.Net that we have been using for quite a while.

We enter "Netload", pick the program .dll, then type the command to start on the command line.

Now I have AutoCad 2014 installed.  I use the above steps to run my program (as usual), and enter "pod" to launch my program.

The problem is the "suggestions" att he command prompt do not allow me to use "pod" and instead erases the "d" and runs the "polygon" (po) command.

How do I shut this off?  Or how do I get it to recognize my custom command?

Thanks,

Mark

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
mgorecki
in reply to: mgorecki

Ok, I turned off the "Autocomplete", but that didn't solve the problem.  Does anyone know why 2014 doesn't allow me to use my command?

The program was written in Visual Studio 2010.  It works fine in 2010 and 2012.  Is there something I need to do to 2014 setup to let it understand the netloaded command?

Thanks

Mark

Message 3 of 15
norman.yuan

Are you saying that at command line, you type 'P', and then 'O', and AutoCAD immediately runs the command 'PO' without you pressing Enter/Space? It is rather strange.

Or, you mean after entering 'PO', once you enter 'D', AutoCAD treats 'D' as Enter/Space and runs command 'PO', instead of showing 'POD' and waiting for Enter/Space to complete the command entering?

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 4 of 15
khoa.ho

Since AutoCAD 2013, developers need to reference accoremgd.dll to their .NET plugins. AutoCAD 2012 and bellow versions need only acmgd.dll and acdbmgd.dll. Therefore, your plugin built on AutoCAD 2012 is still loaded on AutoCAD 2013/2014, but your custom commands will not work. You need to build another DLL with references to AutoCAD 2014. Make sure you reference accoremgd.dll

Message 5 of 15
mgorecki
in reply to: norman.yuan

Hi Norman,

I enter "pod" and the suggestions show up above the command line.  Even though "Polygon" has a shortcut of "PO", when I enter "pod" it runs the Polygon command anyway.

I've checked the acad.pgp file.  Polygon has the "po" shortcut, but not "pod" shortcut.

Message 6 of 15
khoa.ho

Your custom command "POD" was simply not registered on AutoCAD 2014 as it was built for AutoCAD 2012. That is the reason why it is not shown up on the command line. You need to build another DLL for AutoCAD 2014 with accoremgd.dll reference included.

Message 7 of 15
mgorecki
in reply to: khoa.ho

Ok, if I reference the accoremgd.dll in the new version, will the people still using 2010 and 2012 still be able to run the program?

Will I have to have two different versions of the program?

Message 8 of 15
khoa.ho

For the correct .NET frameworks, AutoCAD 2010 uses 3.5, AutoCAD 2012 and 2013/2014 use 4.0. However AutoCAD 2010 and 2012 do not have accoremgd.dll reference. Then you need 3 DLL files for AutoCAD 2010 (.NET 3.5), AutoCAD 2012 (.NET 4.0) and AutoCAD 2013/2014 (.NET 4.0 with accoremgd.dll).

AutoCAD 2013 and 2014 share the same plugin if you don't use new API in 2014.

Message 9 of 15
mgorecki

Thank you for all your help.  Will I also have to download the ObjectARX 2014 to get the accoremgd.dll?

Message 10 of 15
khoa.ho

accoremgd.dll, together with acmgd.dll and acdbmgd.dll are already included in AutoCAD (2013 and above) installation folder. They are .NET wrappers to call native AutoCAD engine. You don't need ObjectARX SDK to get it. They are all in the AutoCAD folder.

Message 11 of 15
dgorsman

The SDK isn't necessary, but its preferred to build using those DLLs rather than the ones from the full program.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 12 of 15
mgorecki
in reply to: dgorsman

Thank you for the info.  I was thinking about downloading the 2014 SDK. 

Message 13 of 15
dgorsman

Its a little old but the basic information about using the SDK is still good: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/Referencing-acmgd-and-acdbmgd/m-p/2646366#M18248

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 14 of 15
khoa.ho
in reply to: dgorsman

This is a very nice article from Tony. We are missing him (DiningPhilosopher) in this forum.

Message 15 of 15
mgorecki

Thank you both for all the information, I really appreciate it.

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost