ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Code Works in Vanilla AutoCad 2010, But Not in AutoCad Mechanical 2012

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mgorecki
607 Views, 8 Replies

Code Works in Vanilla AutoCad 2010, But Not in AutoCad Mechanical 2012

Ok, I have code that works just fine in AutoCad 2010 (just plain ol' AutoCad), but will not run completely in AutoCad Mechanical 2012.  The code will draw lines, arcs, circle, plines, etc. as well as insert blocks.  The command to insert the block has the entire block path so I don't have to rely on setting that up for everyone.

In AutoCad Mechanical only the blocks show up.  No lines, arcs or anything else is drawn.  I do not use a command method (like in LiSP) to create those objects, I create them through the block table and block table records.

What do I have to do to get my code to run in AutoCad Mechanical 2012?

Thanks,

Mark

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
adam.nagy
in reply to: mgorecki

Hi there,

Are you saying that even the most basic commands like the one below that adds a line has no effect in your AutoCAD Mechanical 2012? :-s

Did you debug into the code?

Did you check if the added entities were inside the database? - e.g. using ArxDbg (part of the ObjectARX SDK samples)

<code>

[CommandMethod("drawline")]

static public void drawline()

{

Database db = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase;

using (Transaction tr = db.TransactionManager.StartTransaction())

{

BlockTable bt = (BlockTable)tr.GetObject(db.BlockTableId, OpenMode.ForRead);

BlockTableRecord ms = (BlockTableRecord)tr.GetObject(bt[BlockTableRecord.ModelSpace], OpenMode.ForWrite);

Line ln = new Line(new Point3d(10, 10, 0), new Point3d(20, 20, 0));

ms.AppendEntity(ln);

tr.AddNewlyCreatedDBObject(ln, true);

tr.Commit(); 

}

}

</code>

Cheers,

Adam Nagy

Developer Techincal Services

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 9
SENL1362

Is it a display issue, i.e. can you select the entities (^A). 

What does the STATUS command tell you ?

Layer filters ?

Tried to AUDIT and or RECOVER ?

Message 4 of 9
mgorecki
in reply to: adam.nagy

Hello Adam,

The code I use is similar to that.  Also, the program hangs every time it's run.  My AutoCad session just says "Not responding" after inserting the blocks.  It wont let me check on anything alse because of this lock up.

Mark

Message 5 of 9
Hallex

Try set CommandFlags.Session and

wrap code into :

Using LockDocument

'insert block here

End Using

in reply to: Hallex

I'm not sure what you mean.  I don't think I ever used "Using LockDocument" or "CommandFlags.Session".  Can you explain it more?

Thanks

Message 7 of 9
SENL1362

Good idea of Hallex but if that would be the problem how is that different for Vanilla AutoCAD ?

[CommandMethod("MyCommand", CommandFlags.Session)]
public static void MyCommand()

{

using (DocumentLock dl =Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.LockDocument())
    {

//do your thing
    }

}

Message 8 of 9
mgorecki
in reply to: SENL1362

I tried using the lockducument and commandflags.session as suggested, but it still did not work.

Best regards,

Mark

Message 9 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

You answered the message from Adam with

>> The code I use is similar to that.  Also, the program hangs every time it's run

That was not what he asked for (imho). You should really try to create a new solution, use his code in this solution and let him know it that has the same problem.

To just say "I did it in the same way" is not the option to isolate your problem because his code works for others and if it does not work on your pc then you know that something is wrong with your installation or with your solution/prroject settings. If it works you have two sultions where you can start to compare. That's where to start.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost