Did you mean: 

Changing Attributes of a known Block Name

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
429 Views, 3 Replies

Changing Attributes of a known Block Name

Hey all,

I am somewhat experienced with .NET but have never used it much with the AutoCAD API until now.

I have a known titeblock name which I need to use in order to read, and more importantly change its attribute values. I am having a real heck of a time muddling throught the objects in the AutoCAD API in order to achieve this with VB.NET. After I tie the proper objects into my titleblock I have a set of named attributes (tags) I must search and change.

I am having a real problem finding any examples on the 'net that don't refer to LISP or VB6. There are some examples in the AutoCAD 2002 developer's manual but they all involve adding new blocks to a drawing and very simplistic forms of editing.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jimmie_fulton
in reply to: Anonymous

I've attached some code (c#, sorry) that finds a particular block in the drawing, and then finds the next 5 blank attributes within the bloc and writes values to it. Hopefully, this will get you started...
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Jimmie,

Thank you very much for the code, much appreciated. Although I know nothing about C# I do have access to developers who can convert it for me if necessary. Thanks again.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Try this converter: http://kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost