Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot debug 64-bit DLL

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
443 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot debug 64-bit DLL

When I try to connect to even the sample code provided in the ObjectARX SDK, my AutoCAD instance hangs and must be forcibly closed. If I don't connect to it with a debugger, the sample code works just fine.

This is also happening with my specific DLL, but I wanted to see if I'd done something stupid, or if it was a system problem, so I loaded up the EllipseJig plugin that comes with the ObjectARX SDK. It locks up too.

Without being able to debug my DLL, I am unable to determine what's going on under the hood with one of my numbering schemes for objects within a drawing. It's far too complicated to walk through the code line-by-line visually. I mean, it could be done, but I'd like to be able to solve the problem sometime before next year and being able to use Visual Studio would greatly help. 😃

My setup:

AutoCAD Mechanical. Version F.51.0.0

Visual Studio 2010 Professional.Version 10.0.30319.1

Any thoughts ideas about what is going wrong? I've uninstalled/reinstalled AutoCAD and VS2010 three times. I'm quite convinced that neither of these tools is currently corrupt. I'm compiling on a 64-bit machine, and using a 64-bit version of AutoCAD if that helps any.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tomg
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you look in the Windows error logs? There may be something there that will lead to the answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost