Can't create Installation using OEMInstallWizard

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BugWare
339 Views, 1 Reply

Can't create Installation using OEMInstallWizard

AutoCAD OEM 2014

Using Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic .NET

I've created a VB.NET .DLL that draws on the AutoCAD palette based upon user input.  I've successfully built the custom OEM program using the MakeWizard, and then have created an installation using the OEMInstallWizard.

Everything was fine until I tried to replace the desktop icon from the default AutoCAD icon with my own.  Before this the program installed successfully on a clean machine but the AutoCAD icon showed up on end user's desktop.  Now, after using my own icon the installation program prompts the user to insert the AutoCAD OEM CD midway through the installation process.  But even after inserting the CD, the installation program does not recognize it and cannot continue.

I've removed the reference to my own icon in the MakeWizard, but STILL get that message to insert the CD.  It's possible that I could have done something else to cause this, but don't think I made any changes since the successful installation with the default icon.

Anybody see any similar behavior?  This is completely holding up my distribution of the software.

Micropaleontology
Oil Industry
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Virupaksha_aithal
in reply to: BugWare

Re-Mentioning the cause in open forum, so that the information can help other OEM developers.

One reason for AutoCAD OEM installation to prompt for a disk insert is when developers tries to install the product from the external disks/pen drives.

Virupaksha Aithal KM
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost