Did you mean: 

C# How make a dll

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
DRossger
2219 Views, 15 Replies

C# How make a dll

Hi!

I wondering to get dll from cs: Can somebody tell me how compile a C#-code in a dll-file. I know for using Visual Studio 2010 goes automatically. But is there another way?

Sorry I´m absolut beginners in c#

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: DRossger

Hi,

what ide do you use if not VisualStudio?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 16
DRossger

Visual C# express and visual studio trial
version
Grüsse nach Österreich. Nicht mehr gesehen auf cad.de
Message 4 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

there are more intro-helps for vb.net, e.g. >>>this link<<< does a detailed description for first apps with VB.NET

>>>here<<< you find a video created by Fenton Webb (one of the AutoCAD development gurus), it starts at "Hello World" and goes deeper and deeper, at least a great introduction.

HTH; - alfred -

PS: Danke für die Grüße 😉

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 16
_gile

Hi,

You can have a look at AutoCAD.Net Training.zip, (both C# and VB).

You'll find a C# version of "My First Plug-in Training" codes here.

Gilles Chanteau
Programmation AutoCAD LISP/.NET
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 6 of 16
dgorsman

"Sorry I´m absolut beginners in c#"

Don't forget the basic C# tutorials in the Visual Studio help and the examples scattered through the MSDN online help.  Those should give you a good grounding in the basics which are essential prior to tackling the AutoCAD interface.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 16
DRossger

Great stuff to learn c#. What´s the diffrent between Visual C# 2010 Express and Visual Studio 2010. Must I buy licens for using C# on Autocad workflow or it´s enough to begin with Express version. The dll-file som creates in Visual Studio from your C#-project I need later for appload in Autocad. Questions is can I get dll-file also from C#Express applikation.

Thanks for your help.

-Dirk-

Message 8 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> What´s the diffrent between Visual C# 2010 Express and Visual Studio 2010

Price 😉

And with VS2010 you can develop with more than one language, some options are missing in Express ... that you don't really need (within the first months or years) if you have an template solution to start (available for downloads on multiple places).

Some differences are listed >>>here<<<.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 16
kdub_nz

For a little more comprehensive resolution

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=difference+visual+studio+express+and+professional+%2B+Autocad

//

Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

class keyThumper<T> : Lazy<T>;      another  Swamper

Message 10 of 16
dgorsman
in reply to: kdub_nz

Something thats buried a little deeply in the features is the fact that Microsoft explicitly allows users to use the free Express editions to create software for production work or even sale, as long as they aren't building a clone of Microsofts major products.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 11 of 16
DRossger

What does it mean "clone of Microsofts major products"

For run Autocad Applikation on C sharp first step: build referens for ACDBMGD.DLL and ACMGD.DLL

number two: using method

using System;
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;
using Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime;
using Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices;
using acadApp = Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application;

public class HelloWorld
{
  [Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandMethod("HELLO")]
  public void HelloCommand()
  {
    acadApp.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.WriteMessage(_
      "Hello World FROM C#!");
    acadApp.UpdateScreen();
  }
}

Than I do debugging cs-format (it means also compile cs ->exe). But I want to have a dll to can load program in Autocad workflow. In Visual Studio produce automatically dll you can find in c:\...\ClassLibrary\bin\Debug\ if you starting your library with extern program and load acad.exe. But it´s not possible to do with Express. The reason is I don´t know why I should buy Visual Studio if all functions I can also do with Express. Can somebody explain how I can do a dll from cs file with Visual Express ?

/Dirk

Message 12 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> What does it mean "clone of Microsofts major products"

E.g. that you don't use Microsoft's Visual Studio but >>>cSharp<<< instead. I think you already found it.

>> For run Autocad Applikation on C sharp first step: build referens for ACDBMGD.DLL and ACMGD.DLL

Sorry no. The fist step is to create a project, and the type of project has to be a DLL:

Check this first steps, then you can set the debug-options that when starting debugging the ACAD.EXE is started and you are able to netload your DLL now.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 13 of 16
kdub_nz

@DRossger wrote:

C# How make a dll

< .. > 

Sorry I´m absolute beginners in c#

If that is the case, don't try to build AutoCAD plugin's without learning the basics

of C# ( and .NET) first.

There are tons of C# tutorials available on the net that you can start with

and use to become familiar with the language.

Watch a couple of the AU videos related to programming.

Download the labs from AutoDesk ( 7 sessions) and work your way through those.

Read the forums ... there are several that have a great collection of code and AutoCAD related posts.

In short, you have to do the work to get the results.

Regards

Kerry

edit : added -  there are some references here that may be handy for you:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=32381.0

//

Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

class keyThumper<T> : Lazy<T>;      another  Swamper

Message 14 of 16
DRossger
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred, yes we comes nearly to my solutions. Take a look on second picture, the is register "Debuggen" . I can´t load Exeternal program ... acad.exe I can't find this opportunity in Visual Express. That is the reason for Autocad library is unusable with Visual Express (you can´t produce dll) or?

Sorry for my english, I´m not very well to describe thing in it.

@Kerry you´re right I am already 5 steps further.

Message 15 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Sorry first about mentioning the wrong word for the alternative to MS-Visual Studio, it's name is SharpDevelop (>>>Wikipedia<<<).

And my screenshots (thinking of you are searching for and using an alternative) were done with SharpDevelop (4.2).

>> the is register "Debuggen" . I can´t load Exeternal program

That makes me thinking that you either use VS-Express (and not an alternative) or your project type is an EXE.

For VS-Express: The most easy way would be to get an existing project, and modify the CSPROJ-file (with notepad or any other ascii-editor)) like you can see it >>>here<<<. And then clear the code and input yours

>> That is the reason for Autocad library is unusable with Visual Express (you can´t produce dll) or?

Yes, you can, but a few steps has to be done to get project files prepared.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 16 of 16
DRossger
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes I get it. Now I have maked a dll Man Tongue thanks Alfred 

PS.: it´s much complicate as I think before

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost