.NET

Active Contributor
klahie
Message 21 of 23 (145 Views)

Re: Block-Functions (Select, Explode, etc.)

04-17-2012 03:21 PM in reply to: chiefbraincloud

So Copy+Paste of a blocktablerecord only creates a new instance of this blocktablerecord (called blockreference)?

That means if I paste my beautiful traffic sign 3 times, I have one blocktablerecord and 3 blockreferences on it?

Uuuh, I hope my examiners don't ask bad questions! :smileylol: 

Greets

Klaus

*Expert Elite*
chiefbraincloud
Message 22 of 23 (143 Views)

04-17-2012 03:29 PM in reply to: klahie

That is essentially correct.

I would say, you are not Copy/Pasting a BlockTableRecord.

You start out with a BlockTableRecord, which is essentially data only.  It is not visible on screen, and it is not selectable.

You INSERT (Hence the DXF code "INSERT" that you use in the selection filter) a Reference to that BlockTableRecord, Hence BlockReference.

Then you copy that BlockReference and Paste more BlockReferences, all of which point to the same BlockTableRecord.

If you've only had a short crash course on AutoCAD, then I'm guessing your exam must be programming related not AutoCAD related, right?  In which case I would expect your exam questions to be related more to programming and not AutoCAD.

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png
Active Contributor
klahie
Message 23 of 23 (141 Views)

04-17-2012 03:33 PM in reply to: chiefbraincloud

My examiners don't know anything about AutoCAD, it is the programming part which is important. And because of that, I have to do a lot more exception handling, they understand such things. :smileyvery-happy: work for tomorrow... :smileywink:

Thank you for the great support! 

Greets

Klaus

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!