.NET

Valued Contributor
aksaks
Message 1 of 3 (156 Views)
Accepted Solution

Beginner question - How to index though documentmanger collection?

156 Views, 2 Replies
11-16-2011 11:49 AM

How does one index the documents in the documentmanger collection? The intent is to cycle through the open documents one by one in a forwards or backwards direction. The specific function I want to create would take a direction argument, 1 or -1, and would switch the active document to the "next" or the "previous" document. Obviously I do not understand how the documentmanager collection works, so I could use a pertinent example to help me out please. I see how to For Each through the collection, but that is not the intent.  

Thank you, aks

Looking for this ?

using System.Linq;

Document doc = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument;
            Editor ed = doc.Editor;

ed.WriteMessage("\n{0} Documents open", Application.DocumentManager.Count);

var theDocs = Application.DocumentManager.Cast<Document>().ToList();
            ed.WriteMessage("\n{0} Documents open", theDocs.Count);

int indx=theDocs.IndexOf(doc);
            ed.WriteMessage("\nCurrent Document {0}, has Index={1} in List", doc.Name,indx);

indx = (theDocs.IndexOf(doc) + theDocs.Count - 1) % theDocs.Count;
            ed.WriteMessage("\nPrevious Index={0} is {1}", indx, (theDocs.ElementAt(indx)).Name);

indx = (theDocs.IndexOf(doc) + theDocs.Count + 1) % theDocs.Count;
            ed.WriteMessage("\nNext Index={0} is {1}", indx, (theDocs.ElementAt(indx)).Name);

Mentor
SENL1362
Message 2 of 3 (135 Views)

Re: Beginner question - How to index though documentmanger collection?

11-17-2011 03:40 AM in reply to: aksaks

Looking for this ?

using System.Linq;

Document doc = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument;
            Editor ed = doc.Editor;

ed.WriteMessage("\n{0} Documents open", Application.DocumentManager.Count);

var theDocs = Application.DocumentManager.Cast<Document>().ToList();
            ed.WriteMessage("\n{0} Documents open", theDocs.Count);

int indx=theDocs.IndexOf(doc);
            ed.WriteMessage("\nCurrent Document {0}, has Index={1} in List", doc.Name,indx);

indx = (theDocs.IndexOf(doc) + theDocs.Count - 1) % theDocs.Count;
            ed.WriteMessage("\nPrevious Index={0} is {1}", indx, (theDocs.ElementAt(indx)).Name);

indx = (theDocs.IndexOf(doc) + theDocs.Count + 1) % theDocs.Count;
            ed.WriteMessage("\nNext Index={0} is {1}", indx, (theDocs.ElementAt(indx)).Name);

Valued Contributor
aksaks
Message 3 of 3 (115 Views)

Re: Beginner question - How to index though documentmanger collection?

11-17-2011 11:26 AM in reply to: SENL1362

Very informative .Thank you. 

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!