.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch embed .tif image into AutoCAD drawings?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Borg21
897 Views, 5 Replies

Batch embed .tif image into AutoCAD drawings?

Due to customer constraints I have to embed .tif images into AutoCAD drawings. This is a manual operation doing a copy ->pastespecial. I was wondering if there was any way to automate this? The pastespecial command doesn't seem to take arguments to bypass the dialoge box and therefore does not allow me to batch embed .tifs programatically.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
fenton.webb
in reply to: Borg21

Do you mean open a DWG one by one inside of the AutoCAD editor, or in a side database?

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 3 of 6
Borg21
in reply to: fenton.webb

If I could do it without opening each individual drawing that would be great but I am sure I am going to have to open each drawing in the editor.

The idea is to write a .NET plugin that will open up a template drawing, insert the tif, save, and then move onto the next one. I just can't have any links to the tif, it must be embedded without path information. That is why I have to use the paste special in the manual operation.

If I can automate getting the tif inside the drawing, the rest is relatively straightforward.

Message 4 of 6
fenton.webb

can you send an example DWG file that shows the result please? Just want to make sure we are on the same page...

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 5 of 6
Borg21
in reply to: fenton.webb

Ive attached a sample dwg in a zip file. The drawing contains a titleblock with an embeded tif image using the pastespecial command.

Message 6 of 6
fenton.webb

thanks for sending that... Check out this post http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/How-can-I-insert-rasterImage-but-not-depend-on-the-ori-file/td-p/3...

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost