Did you mean: 

base views through .net api

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dlovely
633 Views, 4 Replies

base views through .net api

Hello,

I am having a problem finding any info on creating drawing views from model space entities through the API. I would like to do something like the VIEWBASE command, except provide it geometry from the model that I have selected in .NET. Any help is much appreciated.

David

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: dlovely

Hello David,

The “Drawing View” objects are unfortunately not yet exposed through any API at the moment.

At present the model documentation API only allow querying of the views and creation / editing of the view styles.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5
mcicognani
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Dear Balaji,

I was wondering when/if document modeling will be exposed through NET.

Now I use it sending command strings, but it's not an easy task and not prone to errors.

Thank you,

Max

Message 4 of 5

Hello mcicognani!!

Please, could you explain how you use strings?

Today there is already some documentation about access object model view base?

thanks You

Marcos.

Message 5 of 5

Hi Marcos,

I haven't still browsed the objectArx documentation for 2016, so I cannot say for sure, but I don't think there is any improvement about model documentation API, since I haven't read anything in any preview...

I'm not sure what you mean about string usage... what I mean is that since there is no API exposed, to create model documentation i sent the command using SendStringToExecute()... and this is a method that is not very safe.

Also, since many years has passed since first introduction, I'm afraid Autodesk has no much interest in this new Model Documentation library... maybe they need to rethink the whole thing and evolve standard viewports objects to incorporate the new model documentation functions....

Massimo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost