Did you mean: 

Autoloader bundle on network location

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
FRFR1426
3031 Views, 1 Reply

Autoloader bundle on network location

Is there a way to put an autoloader bundle on a network location (like we do with %AppData%\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins or %ProgramFiles%\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins) for easy update ?

Maxence DELANNOY
Manager
Add-ins development for Autodesk software products
http://wiip.fr
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artvegas
in reply to: FRFR1426

Good question. According to the docs your bundles need to be placed in one of the ApplicationPlugin folders on your local drive.

I tried a simple shortcut with the *.bundle extension naming format that pointed to another drive location, but this didn't work for me.

However in Windows 7 (I think for Vista too) you can create a junction link to another folder. I tried this for a bundle located on another drive on my machine and it worked. Maybe you could test to see if this works on your network.

To create a junction link:
1. Open the command prompt as an Administrator.
2. Use the Mklink command, for example:
    mklink /j "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\MyApp.bundle" "E\MyAppBundles\MyApp.bundle"

For further details you can google it.
Here's a microsoft link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753194%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

The downside to this is that you would only be able to edit the files in your plugin when no-one has them loaded into AutoCAD (i.e. when assemby files are loaded into AutoCAD they are locked).

I haven't thought about how you would create the junction links on each machine, perhaps a command prompt batch file. There might be an easier way.

Would be curious to hear if this helps in some way.

Art

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost