Autoload DLL from Application registry entry and 2015

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mcicognani
908 Views, 1 Reply

Autoload DLL from Application registry entry and 2015

Hi everybody,

don't know if someone is still using the old autoloader feature that we used before the new .bundle feature was introduced, but I'll give it a try...

I'm porting some apps to 2015 and since these apps were been using the old autoloader feature since 2009, I just continued to use the same technic.

During the porting I debugged and tested the apps using VS2013 and everithing went smooth, nothing special indeed, but when I tried to load the apps in a testing machine, I encountered a problem: the DLL seems to load without problem, but it stops immediately because it cannot load some third-pard DLL that are placed in the same folder.

This problem only shows in production machine, while the debug went without problem, even if also during debug, the third-part controls are copied in the debug directory that's well outside usual AutoCAD folders domain.

The difference is that during debug I use a small script and the DLL is loaded via NETLOAD, in production the DLL is loaded automatically by AutoCAD based on the Application registry hive.

The SECURELOAD var is set to 0, so it shouldn't be that problem.

What could prevent the load of other DLLs from the same folder of the plugin? (but not during debug)

Has something changed in the autoloader mechanism? Should I declare those DLLs somewhere with the plugin loader?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mcicognani
in reply to: mcicognani

A short note: now it seems to work. It was a problem of project configuration: a couple if C++ DLLs kept compiling in win32 even in x64 target platform.
Since I use a 32bit machine for debugging it always worked, but production machines were x64 so they failed to load.

Thank you for your time

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost