Did you mean:Ā 

Autocomplete list disappears

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Fredrik.Larsen
1190 Views, 2 Replies

Autocomplete list disappears

I have created a Textbox with autocomplete (suggest) in my UserControl that is put in an Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.PaletteSet. When I move my mouse over the dropdown list with the suggestions from autocomplete the list disappears. This makes it impossible to select a value from the list with the mouse. If I move the mouse cursor anywhere else in the usercontrol except over the dropdown list it stays open. How can this be fixed???

PS! I have added an eventhandler on textbox.focuslost and it is activated when I move the mouse over the dropdown list, so the textbox loses focus when this happens. (if that is any help)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: Fredrik.Larsen

Hello Fredrik,

I have seen such behavior of a combobox losing its focus when placed in a paletteset.

The work-around that seems to resolve the issue is to set the "PaletteSet.KeepFocus" to true in "MouseEnter" event handler of the control and set it to false from the "MouseLeave" event handler of the control.

Hope this helps.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3

Thanks, that seems to be the solution. I set the "Palette.KeepFocus" to TRUE from the "MouseLeave" event handler of the textbox.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost