Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD2013 COM errors

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jain.diptee
343 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD2013 COM errors

Hi I have a C# wrapper aorund AutoCAD that open autoCAD, loads a model and runs it and saves the data. The applicaitons runs fine on my system ( windows 7 , 64 bit) but fails on another system( windows 7, 64 bit). I get the following error message:

Error (Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'NBench.AutoCAD2014.IBenchmarkPlugin'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{076C9B22-3196-4F6C-B416-42517384A774}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE))

I dont get this since it runs on fine on another system. both use .NET 4.0. On the failing system, the application is able to open the AutoCAd, load the model but then it crashes instead of running it. 

Can anyone have any ideas for this random error?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

AutoCAD COM is version-specific, so you have to compile against the COM libraries for the release being targeted, and if there is a newer release on the system, then you have to use Version-dependent progids (e.g., AutoCAD.Application.18.x), and if multiple releases are installed, you have explicitly start the one whose COM wrappers your app was compiled with).

Message 3 of 4

I am doing that. I recompile the wrapper for the current version. Still doesnt work. The wrapper is able to open AutoCAD and launch a model and then it crashes. It does not spin it. Any other ideas? One other thing, if i kick the run off from inside the visual studio i.e. through the debug control, the execution runs fine. Could this be a threading or messaging issue? I am really at wits end. Some help would be really good

Message 4 of 4

What other Autodesk software is installed on the problem system.

As I understand it, the presense and use of some other Autodesk products can cause problems with COM clients.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost