Did you mean: 

Autocad vs autocad mechanical (Urgent!)

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
henrik.rudstrom
1890 Views, 20 Replies

Autocad vs autocad mechanical (Urgent!)

Hi,

I just finished developing an plugin for Autocad 2014 using the managed .net api

It appears that the client also want to use this addin in Autocad Mechanical 2014, but when i run netload on my dll nothing happens and my command is not available. Some googling gave me the impression that autocad mechanical only has a COM and c++ api, is that correct? is there any way i can make my code work in autocad mechanical?

Hope someone can give me a quick answer here!

Regards

Henrik

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21

Referring back to the initial confusion as to whether AutoCAD Mechanical has a .NET API:

If a product is an AutoCAD vertical, then you can take it as read that it will support the vanilla AutoCAD APIs. However, that doesn't mean there is support in a particular API for objects and features that are unique to that vertical. For example, ACA objects don't support DXF, so you shouldn't use AutoLISP to edit them. Same for some vertical specific objects and .NET.

And (as you have found) you should never assume that an AutoCAD vertical has the same search path/sysvar settings as vanilla AutoCAD.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost