.NET

Active Contributor
kegle
Message 1 of 5 (94 Views)

AutoCAD session running on server

94 Views, 4 Replies
11-21-2006 09:11 AM
Is it possible to have one license of AutoCAD running on a server and have a .NET application running on individual workstations that pass variables to a .NET program in AutoCAD on the server that automatically creates a DWG and then a DWF file that the .NET application can view using DWF viewer?

Does this violate the AutoCAD license agreement? Is there a more efficient way to do this? My goal is to have our order entry program get a CAD drawing created automatically without interacting with the AutoCAD UI and without needing to have AutoCAD installed on each workstation.

Thanks,
Kevin
stuartshaw
Message 2 of 5 (94 Views)

Re: AutoCAD session running on server

11-27-2006 12:57 PM in reply to: kegle
This is definitely possible. We have been doing it for 2-3 years know. It has been running on a server and has been very stable. The only problem we have encountered is a memory leak in AutoCAD and we need to restart the service on our server that runs the .Net app once a week.
Active Contributor
kegle
Message 3 of 5 (94 Views)

11-27-2006 01:15 PM in reply to: kegle
Thanks for the confirmation.

Kevin
asvsatheesh
Message 4 of 5 (94 Views)

11-27-2006 07:39 PM in reply to: kegle
I’m curious about this topic.
How to pass variables to a .NET program in AutoCAD on the server from workstation?
I mean the program in server connect to AutoCAD is Out-of-Process or In-Process?

Thanks in Advance.

Satheesh.
stuartshaw
Message 5 of 5 (94 Views)

12-05-2006 06:37 AM in reply to: kegle
We use remoting to pass the variables and we are running AutoCAD out-of-process.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.