Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Method/Property Explanations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
250 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Method/Property Explanations

Hi everyone

I'm sure that everyone knows how MS provides help files that elaborate on the purpose and function of the various methods/properties/etc of its classes... for instance, the MsgBox method has its various arguments and I know what each does...

Is there anywhere that I can obtain similar information for AutoCAD libraries?

Many thanks!

-Justin
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You have to understand that the .net API follows the ObjectArx API.
So the official answer is to obtain the ObjectARX sdk for your acad version, and look in the help files.

Its not always easy though, to know if you have found what you thought you were looking for.
You need to look at lots of examples in these newsgroups, and at theSwamp.org (my favorite place).

There really is no shortage of info, you have to soak things in though to get a feel for how things are done in the Acad
database (dwg). Don't be shy about asking, Tony knows I have exceeded my quota and it hasn't stopped me 🙂

jsurpless <>
|>Hi everyone
|>
|>I'm sure that everyone knows how MS provides help files that elaborate on the purpose and function of the various methods/properties/etc of its classes... for instance, the MsgBox method has its various arguments and I know what each does...
|>
|>Is there anywhere that I can obtain similar information for AutoCAD libraries?
|>
|>Many thanks!
|>
|>-Justin
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - at - hunsaker - dotcom

Does Autodesk issue service packs on
the release you are using? not likely.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks... I'll look into those...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost