Mentor
SENL1362
Message 1 of 3 (183 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCAD MAP end of loading AEC modules

183 Views, 2 Replies
12-06-2013 07:20 AM

Hello,

AutoCAD MAP loads a some AEC modules when initialising.

I want to send my .NET Init message to the commandline after these AEC loading prompts

I tried waiting for Application.Idle(QuiescentState) without any luck. 

AecLoading.png

Timing operations at startup is always tricky. You could try P/Invokignads_queueexpr (see example here - http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2006/08/calling_command.html). You could also user a timer to delay your message, although I'm not so keen on doing that.

But consider the 'arms race' that ensues when you and another add-in both want to send your init messages last - i.e. there's really no way AutoCAD can ensure any single addin gets to report itself last.

Board Manager
StephenPreston
Message 2 of 3 (161 Views)

Re: AutoCAD MAP end of loading AEC modules

12-06-2013 02:34 PM in reply to: SENL1362

Timing operations at startup is always tricky. You could try P/Invokignads_queueexpr (see example here - http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2006/08/calling_command.html). You could also user a timer to delay your message, although I'm not so keen on doing that.

But consider the 'arms race' that ensues when you and another add-in both want to send your init messages last - i.e. there's really no way AutoCAD can ensure any single addin gets to report itself last.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Mentor
SENL1362
Message 3 of 3 (155 Views)

Re: AutoCAD MAP end of loading AEC modules

12-06-2013 02:45 PM in reply to: StephenPreston
Hello Stephen,
Thank you for this tip.
This and other reasons convince me to leafe the CommandLine for my output and use Panels to write the output to.

Thanks,
Anton
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.