Did you mean: 

Autocad Executable Location

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
GilesPhillips
2850 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad Executable Location

We have a single MEP license, and 6 Autocad licenses. Due to the 'way of things' the workstation that I use for development/coding is the one with MEP installed.

When I create a new project using the handy wizard thingy  (details here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=18162797) I have to specify the location of the autocad executable.

Obviously I specify the location of the one in the MEP folder path. I'm wonding should I ever reach the state that my coded creations are set loose on my colleagues with Vanilla autocad, would there be a problem with the fact that the executables are in different locations?

It's probably a daft question, I'm still getting my head around how .Net works..

G

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
norman.yuan
in reply to: GilesPhillips

As far as I understand your question, your users who use your .NET DLL in AutoCAD (vanilla or MEP, does not matter) do not have to be concerned about where the AutoCAD executable (acad.exe) is. The .NET dll can only run after being NETLOADED (or loading on demand) AFTER AutoCAD being already started. The DLL runs inside AutoCAD process.

The reason, that Acad plugin wizard in Visual studio asks you where the Acad executable is, is that it will let Visual Studio know how to start AutoCAD for debugging when you press F5. This has nothing to do with user using the .NET DLL your project produces.

Message 3 of 3
GilesPhillips
in reply to: norman.yuan

Right, so it's only for debugging purposes. Result 🙂

Thanks

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost