AutoCAD command prompt text disapear

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
andre_adc-dao
842 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD command prompt text disapear

Hi everybody,

I've developed a custom insert block command. The first one insert a block from a dialog box like the INSERT command. Everything work fine. Now I created a palette with a list of block. When I click one, my custom insertion command is issue. The block is insert correctly but after insert, the text "Command:" is not displaying at the command line (I see only the text issue by my command with WriteMessage) but I can type another command with no problem.

If I send an escape string, the text is back again but I see *cancel* at command line, so it is not very elegant.

Anybody have an idea?

Regards,

André

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

depending on the AutoCAD release, for newer ones:

Autodesk.AutoCAD.Internal.Utils.PostCommandPrompt

if that does not exist, then for older releases

<DllImport("acad.exe", CallingConvention:=CallingConvention.Cdecl, CharSet:=CharSet.Unicode, EntryPoint:="?acedPostCommand@@YAHPB_W@Z")> _
        Public Function acedPostCommand32(ByVal CommandStr As String) As Integer
        End Function
        <DllImport("acad.exe", CallingConvention:=CallingConvention.Cdecl, CharSet:=CharSet.Unicode, EntryPoint:="?acedPostCommand@@YAHPEB_W@Z")> _
        Public Function acedPostCommand64(ByVal CommandStr As String) As Integer
        End Function

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

You're a king!!!!

Best regards,

André

Message 4 of 5
norman.yuan
in reply to: andre_adc-dao

Well, doing the P/Invoke gets what you want, you can do it even easier with the managed API equivalent directly:

Autodesk.AutoCAD.Internal.Utils.PostCommandPrompt();

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Hi Norman,

>> you can do it even easier with

have you seen my first option in my post?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost