AutoCAD 2014 .NET Library Issues

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1735 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 .NET Library Issues

Hey,

At the company I work for, we have a bunch of .NET plugins for AutoCAD to do with database syncing. Originally they had been developed for 2011 when I arrived, I have since developed more plugins and we moved to 2012 with no trouble.

We now want to move to 2014, from what I understand I need to rebuild the applications with the new libraries. The problem I am having is that using the 2014 open arx libraries, visual studio doesn't not seem to see all the definatioons and types contained within the libraries.

I'm using the references AcMgd, AcDbMgd, Interop & Interop.Common.

Examples:

Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicaitonServices.Application does not contain a definition for DocumentManager

The type or namespace name PlottingServices does not exist in the namespace 'Autodesk.AutoCAD'

The type or namespace name CommandMethodAttribute could not be found

Now i've done nothing apart from changing the referances to point to the new libraries, I looked at the sdk documentation and they still exist so I don't know what exactly is going on

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Following migration videos might be useful :

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/04/migrating-objectarx-and-net-plug-ins-to-autocad-2013.h...

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2013/04/autocad-2014-api.html

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, those videos were quite enlightening.

Found out there is a new dll "AcMgdCore" which contains some of the functions previously found in "AcMgd".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost