Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 Linetype AsciiDescription and Comments the same

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bertrand.kendall
581 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 Linetype AsciiDescription and Comments the same

In AutoCAD 2012, I wanted to get the information about a linetype.  But it seems that no properties give me that info.

I think it was suppose to be in the "Comments" property.  But I have the same info as in the  "AsciiDescription" property.

Someone has the same problem or have a workaround?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@bertrand.kendall wrote:

...I think it was suppose to be in the "Comments" property.  But I have the same info as in the  "AsciiDescription" property...

From ObjectARX SDK Docs:

LinetypeTableRecord.AsciiDescription Property

This function is obsolete and will be eliminated in a future release of ObjectARX. Please use Comments instead.

What kind of linetype info you want to get?

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 5

Thanks!
I want to get all the linetype definition. Like in the .LIN file See example below:

*FENCELINE1,Fenceline circle ----0-----0----0-----0----0-----0--
A,6.35,-2.54,[CIRC1,ltypeshp.shx,x=-2.54,s=2.54],-2.54,25.4

[cid:image001.jpg@01CECF00.1F6CD9A0]
Bertrand Kendall
Programmeur Analyste Applications DAO / Soutien National
CAD Applications Analyst Programmer / National Support

GENIVAR INC.
5355, boulevard des Gradins, Qu?bec (Qu?bec) G2J 1C8 Canada
T 418 623-7066, #4153 | F 418 624-1857 | www.genivar.com

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING:
This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing, copying or in any way using this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender, and destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AVERTISSEMENT:
Ce message est destin? uniquement ? la personne ou ? l'organisation ? laquelle il est adress? et il peut contenir des informations privil?gi?es, confidentielles ou non divulgables en vertu de la loi. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire du pr?sent message ni la personne charg?e de remettre le pr?sent message ? son destinataire, il vous est strictement interdit de le divulguer, de le distribuer, de le copier ou de l'utiliser de quelque fa?on que ce soit. Si vous avez re?u la pr?sente communication par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'exp?diteur et d?truire ou effacer tous les exemplaires que vous avez re?us.
Message 4 of 5

"FENCELINE1" - Name property

"Fenceline circle ----0-----0----0-----0----0-----0--" - Comments property

"A,6.35,-2.54,[CIRC1,ltypeshp.shx,x=-2.54,s=2.54],-2.54,25.4" - you have to get from other properties/methods of LinetypeTableRecord class

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 5 of 5

Oh yes some properties and methods give me some infos, I will need to sort that out!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost