Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2010 and VB.net

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GeeHaa
875 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2010 and VB.net

Hi,

I recently recieved a new computer and was wondering wich version of VB.Net Express and what version of OBJECT ARX would work best together I am running AutoCAD 2010 64 bit. I tried loading the VBA module but it would'nt load. I got a message saying it was a 32bit operating system. BUt Computer properties shows it to be 64bit.

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
StephenPreston
in reply to: GeeHaa

You'd normally use the ObjectARX 2010 SDK for AutoCAD 2010. I prefer VS2008 for those versions, but VS2010 will work too.

As for your problem with the VBA installer - that's something your reseller should be able to assist you in troubleshooting. If you're definitely running AutoCAD 64-bit, then you're definitely not running it on a 32-bit OS.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston

Autodesk Developer Network

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Message 3 of 4
GeeHaa
in reply to: StephenPreston

I loaded VB express 2008 and Object ARX 2010. Vb.net express works ok by itself but if I use any autodesk imports I get the following errors:

System.Windows.Data Error: 39 : BindingExpression path error: 'QuickAccessToolBar' property not found on 'object' ''ComponentSettings' (HashCode=6993202)'. BindingExpression:Path=QuickAccessToolBar.Theme.CurrentBrush; DataItem='ComponentSettings' (HashCode=6993202); target element is 'Border' (Name='mQuickAccessToolBar'); target property is 'Background' (type 'Brush')

System.Windows.Data Error: 39 : BindingExpression path error: 'Id' property not found on 'object' ''RibbonPanel' (HashCode=24129853)'. BindingExpression:Path=Id; DataItem='RibbonPanel' (HashCode=24129853); target element is 'RibbonPanelControl' (Name=''); target property is 'AutomationId' (type 'String')

System.Windows.Data Error: 39 : BindingExpression path error: 'Id' property not found on 'object' ''RibbonPanel' (HashCode=24129853)'. BindingExpression:Path=Id; DataItem='RibbonPanel' (HashCode=24129853); target element is 'DockPanel' (Name='PART_OuterDockPanel'); target property is 'AutomationId' (type 'String')

Even though I changed the registry so Object ARX would think VS2008 was loaded It I received a message saying VS2008 not found. I Loaded VS2008 but the folder under program files says Visual Studio 9.0

attached is a jpeg of the registry change

Any Help would be Much Appreciated.

Message 4 of 4
StephenPreston
in reply to: GeeHaa

Are those 'errors' some text you're seeing in the Visual Studio 'output window'. I think they are, and those messages are informational only (produed while AutoCAD is starting up), and do not indicate any problem (AutoCAD handles the issues being reported).

>>Even though I changed the registry so Object ARX would think VS2008 was loaded It I received a message saying VS2008 not found. I Loaded VS2008 but the folder under program files says Visual Studio 9.0

I'm notreally  sure what you mean by that. ObjectARX isn't an application - its an SDK - just a set of files. It doesn't check the registry for anything.

Perhaps you're trying to install the Visual Studio Wizard that comes with the ObjectARX SDK, in which case, you can use the AutoCAD .NET Wizard posted to www.autodesk.com/developautocad. (Not the ObjectARX Wizard).

Cheers,

Stephen

Cheers,

Stephen Preston

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost