Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad 2006 Collapsible Panel

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
162 Views, 2 Replies

autocad 2006 Collapsible Panel

I am trying to use an AutoCAD 2006 Collapsible Panel in my windows user control. I can insert the control fine but when I try to add other controls to the Collapsible Panel it is just ignored. I was thinking that this tool would work just like a panel. Where I could just drag and insert the controls I need into it. Could anyone explain to me how these things work?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jimmie_fulton
in reply to: Anonymous

I can explain it.... it's a real pain in the a**! No design-time support, and it has some odd behavior to it. For instance, in collapsed state there is a large margin at the bottom of the control (you'll need to handle the collapse event and change the size of the control to 25 I or something like that).

The way I've worked with it is to create usercontrols that have all of my treeviews, buttons, etc, and then add the usercontrol to the panel programatically. You need to position and dock it yourself through code based on the panel's current height, width, etc. Also, you'll need to expose events and properties to your usercontrols so that they can communicate with each other.

I've since created my own version, going so far as to duplicate the look and feel of the collapsible panels that Autodesk uses in their palettes. Works very nicely and has design-time, drag-and-drop ease of use. I'm going to add support for embedded buttons in the panel header that can be turned on/off and the ability to set the button images. I'm also working on making a custom layout container (or several) that automatically enables collapsing behavior and sizes each panel. Perhaps when I've added a little polish I'll make it available... (for VS2005 only).
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you referring to the CollapsablePanel that wrote
about in another post?

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006
http://www.acadxtabs.com

wrote in message news:5116826@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am trying to use an AutoCAD 2006 Collapsible Panel in my windows user control. I can insert the control fine but when I try to add other controls to the Collapsible Panel it is just ignored. I was thinking that this tool would work just like a panel. Where I could just drag and insert the controls I need into it. Could anyone explain to me how these things work?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost