.NET

.NET

artem.voskanian
Message 1 of 3 (107 Views)

AttributeReference Justification Issue - 2nd try

107 Views, 2 Replies
05-24-2007 11:03 AM
When I'm appending AttributeReference to a newly added BlockReference, attributes seems to be ignoring their justification as defined in AttributeDefinition. They all come in with the default lower left side justification. However, if I edit this inserted block in AutoCad, Attributes jump to their defined justification.

I do use SetAttributeFromBlock method, as well as trying to setting the WorkingDatabase to the AttributeReference's, but that didn't seem to resolve the issue.
*Tony Tanzillo
Message 2 of 3 (107 Views)

Re: AttributeReference Justification Issue - 2nd try

05-24-2007 01:56 PM in reply to: artem.voskanian
Is the Database that contains the objects the
current database (e.g., the WorkingDatabase
property of the HostApplicationServices class) ?

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2008
Supporting AutoCAD 2000 through 2008
http://www.acadxtabs.com

wrote in message news:5606456@discussion.autodesk.com...
When I'm appending AttributeReference to a newly added BlockReference, attributes seems to be ignoring their justification as defined in AttributeDefinition. They all come in with the default lower left side justification. However, if I edit this inserted block in AutoCad, Attributes jump to their defined justification.

I do use SetAttributeFromBlock method, as well as trying to setting the WorkingDatabase to the AttributeReference's, but that didn't seem to resolve the issue.
artem.voskanian
Message 3 of 3 (107 Views)

Re: AttributeReference Justification Issue - 2nd try

05-24-2007 02:24 PM in reply to: artem.voskanian
Thanks Tony!

I was setting the WorkingDatabase to my attref's database (following your answer to a similar posting), but you just mentioned the key word "current". Suddenly it clicked for me. I'm actually creating a new drawing by starting a new database, so all I had to do was to set the working database to my new database, do the attribute thing and set it back.

Many thanks!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.