Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AttributeReference Justification Issue - 2nd try

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
artem.voskanian
230 Views, 2 Replies

AttributeReference Justification Issue - 2nd try

When I'm appending AttributeReference to a newly added BlockReference, attributes seems to be ignoring their justification as defined in AttributeDefinition. They all come in with the default lower left side justification. However, if I edit this inserted block in AutoCad, Attributes jump to their defined justification.

I do use SetAttributeFromBlock method, as well as trying to setting the WorkingDatabase to the AttributeReference's, but that didn't seem to resolve the issue.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: artem.voskanian

Is the Database that contains the objects the
current database (e.g., the WorkingDatabase
property of the HostApplicationServices class) ?

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2008
Supporting AutoCAD 2000 through 2008
http://www.acadxtabs.com

wrote in message news:5606456@discussion.autodesk.com...
When I'm appending AttributeReference to a newly added BlockReference, attributes seems to be ignoring their justification as defined in AttributeDefinition. They all come in with the default lower left side justification. However, if I edit this inserted block in AutoCad, Attributes jump to their defined justification.

I do use SetAttributeFromBlock method, as well as trying to setting the WorkingDatabase to the AttributeReference's, but that didn't seem to resolve the issue.
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Tony!

I was setting the WorkingDatabase to my attref's database (following your answer to a similar posting), but you just mentioned the key word "current". Suddenly it clicked for me. I'm actually creating a new drawing by starting a new database, so all I had to do was to set the working database to my new database, do the attribute thing and set it back.

Many thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost