Did you mean: 

Attribute Field Text; how to repair ########

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
378 Views, 1 Reply

Attribute Field Text; how to repair ########

Greetings,

Our business uses many blocks with attributes.  One of the attributes nested in our blocks contains field text which references a rectangle nested in the block.  The field text reports back the area of that rectangle.  The blocks may or may not contain other dynamic features and the area value of that rectangle as reported in the attribute in question is extracted and used in a variety of factory space metric studies.

On many of our blocks, and for reasons I don't know, the field becomes ########### which is, of course, useless for factory space metric analysis.  

I can go into block editor and fix the field text, re-establish the connection to the rectangle etc.  But backing out to the block level the attribute value remains ###########.  I've tried updating the attribute directly, saving, regen, print...everything I can think of and it still reports ###########.

I go back into block editor and the attribute is fixed, reporting correctly on examination in the attribute editor.  But at the block level (and for extraction purposes), the attribute value remains ###########.  

The only fix I can find is to explode the block, re-create the field text in that attribute, and re-define the block.  The downside to this is the time it takes to also re-create all of the additional dynamic features within the block, some of which are quite complex.  

I know someone is going to ask to see the block(s) in question, but I can't share them for IP reasons.  

Has anyone else seen this in their blocks and if so, have you found a way to fix it without fully re-defining the block.  

I sure appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,

Erik

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm so sorry...I was in the AutoCAD forum, then signed in to post, and was automatically brought to the .NET forum for some reason.  I didn't notice that before I hit "post".  

I'll repost in the ACAD forum.

Thanks,

Erik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost