Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to understand coordinate systems and transformations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
KevinMacDonald
397 Views, 2 Replies

Attempting to understand coordinate systems and transformations

Putting aside any particular use case, let's say that I, a developer relatively new to the .NET programming interface for Autocad 2013, wanted to fully understand how coordinate systems and transformations using objects and methods such as BlockReference.BlockTransform, BlockReference.TransformBy, Matrix3d.WorldToPlane, etc. etc. on and on, where would I go for full documentation? I am able to create a new command and debug into my code (i.e. I have a fully functional development environment), but it doesn't seem to be helping me much to understand what these APIs are doing. Trying to reconcile the current user coordinate system with point values I am seeing in the debugger and what simple rotational transformations are doing is proving difficult without docs and explanatory diagrams. Any help pointing me in the right direction is much appreciated.

Thanks

Inventor 2013
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The ObjectARX Developer Guide (arxdev.chm) is definitely the place to start. Download the ObjectARX SDK free from www.objectarx.com

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 3 of 3

I answered my own question largely by writing the tool I needed in .NET. Here is a link to the post, including an attached DLL. 

Inventor 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost