Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARX Application - Incompatible

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
moon-safari
1662 Views, 2 Replies

ARX Application - Incompatible

I'm trying to load an assembly on AutoCAD startup. It basically is an arx application written in c++, compiled in .NET 4.0. The AutoCAD Version is 2012.

When i send the netload command a window with the title "ARX Application - Incompatible" pops up, and it says:

"AutoCAD is attempting to load .../xyz.dll which is not compatible with AutoCAD. What do you want to do?"

And then i can choose that i want to load it anyway and after it is loaded it all works. So, the Issue here is really just the message and i want to ask if there is a way i can make it disappear. Maybe i can configure my application so that AutoCAD recognises it as compatible or i can somehow suppress the error message? Or maybe someone just can help me understand how it can come to such an incompatibility. Where can i start searching?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I work with VB.NET so I'm no expert with C++/ARX, but writning in C++ I think you need to rename your.dll to .ARX and use ARXLOAD instead of NETLOAD.

I think there are a few people on this forum that have crossed the boundaries between .NET and ARX, but we're mostly .NET people.  There is another forum for ARX where you might get a better response.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-ObjectARX/bd-p/34

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for response. I tried what you said, renamed my file and used arxload but the error message remains the same. But you're right...i should try the ARX forum...thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost