.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are all dlls needed for the Import Sketchup exchange app?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
JamesMaeding
391 Views, 0 Replies

Are all dlls needed for the Import Sketchup exchange app?

I saw the import sketchup app mentioned in an AU 2012 handout, and downloaded and installed it.

I have C3D 2013 on a win7 64 bit system.

So it installs where it should but does not load its stuff to the ribbon but I did not care.

I found the arx it is running "....\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\Autodesk ImportSkp.bundle\Contents\Windows\2014\Win64\AcSketchUpImportSkp.arx" and loaded it by hand.

I then found its command by typing import at command line, and waiting to see what the command suggestions showed.

Importskp was on the list so it worked.

I then uninstalled the app, extracted the msi to some folder, and loaded the arx from there.

It worked fine.

So the whole exchange app wrapper is a bit rediculous to me, since you could do it all by providing the tool files and any menus, then a lisp that loads things.

The user loads the lisp and it all works. May be old fashioned, but its easy to troubleshoot, unlike the xapps wrapper.

Now for real question. Why does the tool need all the seemingly duplicate dll files in the Converter folder?

I see "acdb19.dll", ouch, shouldn't the tool be using the dlls in acads install folder?

Does this have something to do with realdwg?

How could I pare this 37 mb beast down to the minimum needed assuming I load the arx, and run at command line?

thanks

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost