.NET

Reply
*robert vetrano
Message 1 of 4 (106 Views)

Another SelectOnScrren

106 Views, 3 Replies
08-28-2005 06:11 AM
Hi
Have a form with a button. When button is pick want to hide form then select
object on screen and return to form.

Can't find any info on how to use SelectOnScreen. Am using Studio.net with
Revit API.
Appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
bob v
*Danny P.
Message 2 of 4 (106 Views)

Re: Another SelectOnScrren

08-29-2005 12:32 PM in reply to: *robert vetrano
Robert,

Unfortunately, there is no SelectOnScreen method in the Revit API.
You'll need to use the ActiveSelection in order to interact with the user.

Also, this .NET discussion group is for AutoCAD. I suggest you post
your Revit API questions on the ADN discussion groups or at AUGI's site:
http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218

Hope that helps,
Danny Polkinhorn
WATG
Honolulu

robert vetrano wrote:
> Hi
> Have a form with a button. When button is pick want to hide form then select
> object on screen and return to form.
>
> Can't find any info on how to use SelectOnScreen. Am using Studio.net with
> Revit API.
> Appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.
>
> Thanks
> bob v
*Danny P.
Message 3 of 4 (106 Views)

Re: Another SelectOnScrren

08-29-2005 08:12 PM in reply to: *robert vetrano
Robert,

I'm surprised that ADN sent you here. Autodesk only supports the Revit
API through ADN, and you should get access to a developer to help you
(if you're a member). I'm not an ADN member, so I'm not sure where to
point you there, sorry.

Outside of that you're left to only a few of us who are actually working
with it. Some of the developers read the AUGI posts and sometimes
reply, but they aren't obligated to do so. Your best bet for all Revit
related discussions outside of ADN is at AUGI.

-Danny

Danny P. wrote:
> Robert,
>
> Unfortunately, there is no SelectOnScreen method in the Revit API.
> You'll need to use the ActiveSelection in order to interact with the user.
>
> Also, this .NET discussion group is for AutoCAD. I suggest you post
> your Revit API questions on the ADN discussion groups or at AUGI's site:
> http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218
>
> Hope that helps,
> Danny Polkinhorn
> WATG
> Honolulu
>
> robert vetrano wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>Have a form with a button. When button is pick want to hide form then select
>>object on screen and return to form.
>>
>>Can't find any info on how to use SelectOnScreen. Am using Studio.net with
>>Revit API.
>>Appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.
>>
>>Thanks
>>bob v
*Danny P.
Message 4 of 4 (106 Views)

Re: Another SelectOnScrren

08-29-2005 08:24 PM in reply to: *robert vetrano
Robert,

One more thing. On the Revit disk there are some sample applications
which will definitely help you if you're just starting with the Revit
API. These samples and the API were improved with 8.1, so if you're
working with 8.0, I suggest you get the update.

Hope that helps,
-Danny

Danny P. wrote:
> Robert,
>
> I'm surprised that ADN sent you here. Autodesk only supports the Revit
> API through ADN, and you should get access to a developer to help you
> (if you're a member). I'm not an ADN member, so I'm not sure where to
> point you there, sorry.
>
> Outside of that you're left to only a few of us who are actually working
> with it. Some of the developers read the AUGI posts and sometimes
> reply, but they aren't obligated to do so. Your best bet for all Revit
> related discussions outside of ADN is at AUGI.
>
> -Danny
>
> Danny P. wrote:
>
>>Robert,
>>
>>Unfortunately, there is no SelectOnScreen method in the Revit API.
>>You'll need to use the ActiveSelection in order to interact with the user.
>>
>>Also, this .NET discussion group is for AutoCAD. I suggest you post
>>your Revit API questions on the ADN discussion groups or at AUGI's site:
>>http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218
>>
>>Hope that helps,
>>Danny Polkinhorn
>>WATG
>>Honolulu
>>
>>robert vetrano wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Hi
>>>Have a form with a button. When button is pick want to hide form then select
>>>object on screen and return to form.
>>>
>>>Can't find any info on how to use SelectOnScreen. Am using Studio.net with
>>>Revit API.
>>>Appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>bob v
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.